Saturday, May 4, 2024

Dean of College of Communication Arts and Sciences up for Georgia provost position

Pamela Whitten, dean of the College of Communication Arts and Sciences, recently was named one of four finalists for the senior vice president for academic affairs and provost at the University of Georgia.

Whitten has been part of MSU since 1998, when she got a job as an assistant professor in what was then the Department of Telecommunication. She became dean in 2009.

She visited Georgia on Thursday and gave a presentation for faculty, staff, students and media. She was the first of the candidates to visit the campus.

If Whitten is selected and accepts the job in Georgia, MSU will have to appoint an interim dean and begin a search for her replacement. Currently, MSU is searching for two deans: one in the College of Engineering and one in charge of International Programs and Studies.

The other three candidates are from Texas A&M University, Purdue University and the University of Oregon.

Share and discuss “Dean of College of Communication Arts and Sciences up for Georgia provost position” on social media.