E.L. City Council selects DTN Management Co. for Park District project

<p>From left, East Lansing Mayor Diane Goddeeris and Councilmember Kevin Beard listen to Councilmember Vic Loomis, (not pictured) , Aug. 6, 2013, at City Hall, 410 Abbot Road. The council selected <span class="caps">DTN</span> Management Co. to develop the Park District project in an unanimous vote. Justin Wan/The State News</p>

From left, East Lansing Mayor Diane Goddeeris and Councilmember Kevin Beard listen to Councilmember Vic Loomis, (not pictured) , Aug. 6, 2013, at City Hall, 410 Abbot Road. The council selected DTN Management Co. to develop the Park District project in an unanimous vote. Justin Wan/The State News

Photo by Justin Wan | The State News

The East Lansing City Council has selected DTN Management Co. over Lurvey White Ventures, as the preferred developer for the Park District project, in a unanimous vote.

DTN’s proposal includes a 400-space parking structure and 10-story building with hotel and residential units. The residential unit would hold approximately 450 units, and an additional 400 parking spaces would be created on the ground level.

DTN Vice President and former MSU offensive lineman Colin Cronin said the next step is working on a pre-development agreement with the city, which would detail the process of working with different companies, citizen groups and area stakeholds. He said he hopes to have the predevelopment agreement finished by the end of August.

After that, Cronin said city staff and council will complete a formal development agreement. The time frame of the formal agreement is tentative, but hopefully in a nine-month range, he said.

The Park District includes the former City Center II project and covers 2.82 acres of land, stretching from Abbot Road to Valley Court, near The People’s Church, Dublin Square Irish Pub and Valley Court Park.

Check The State News later for the full story on East Lansing City Council’s decision of DTN Management Co. for the Park District project.

Share and discuss “E.L. City Council selects DTN Management Co. for Park District project” on social media.