Five former Spartans to be inducted into MSU Hall of Fame

<p><span class="caps">MSU</span> Men&#8217;s basketball ex-forward Morris Peterson, left, pats teammate and ex-guard Mateen Cleaves, right, on the head after Cleaves scored during the <span class="caps">MSU</span> Basketball Alumni Game on Friday, Dec. 14, 2012, in the Jenison Field House. Cleaves and Peterson were part of the winning &#8220;Home&#8221; team, winning the game 125-118. State News File Photo </p>

MSU Men’s basketball ex-forward Morris Peterson, left, pats teammate and ex-guard Mateen Cleaves, right, on the head after Cleaves scored during the MSU Basketball Alumni Game on Friday, Dec. 14, 2012, in the Jenison Field House. Cleaves and Peterson were part of the winning “Home” team, winning the game 125-118. State News File Photo

Photo by State News file photo | The State News

On Friday, MSU announced that as part of the Celebrate 2013 weekend, MSU will induct five members into the Athletics Hall of Fame on Sept. 12.

The five include former MSU hockey greats Kip and Ryan Miller, former MSU football player and assistant coach Henry Bullough, former MSU basketball player Morris Peterson and former MSU volleyball player Jenna Wrobel.

Kip Miller played hockey at MSU from 1986 to 1990. He ended his colligate career with the third-most points (261) and goals (116) in school history. The sixth of 10 total family members to play hockey at MSU— Kip enters the Hall of Fame with his cousin, fellow MSU hockey player, Ryan Miller.

Ryan was a Spartan hockey player from 1999 to 2002 and is famous for his performance during his sophomore year in which he broke an NCAA record 1.32 goals-against average and won nearly every conceivable award that year.

Playing from 1952 to 1954, Henry Bullough was a three-year starter at guard and helped MSU to a combined record of 21-7 (.750) from 1952-54. He was an assistant coach for 12 years.

Morris Peterson was the first nonstarter to ever earn first-team All-Big Ten honors. He is one of eight players in Spartan history with 1,500 points and 600 rebounds, and ranks 10th in career made 3-point field goals (146).

Leading the Spartans to four-straight NCAA volleyball tournaments from 1995 to 1998, Jenna Wrobel is one of four first-team All-Americans in Spartan history.

The fourth annual Varsity Letter Jacket Presentation and Hall of Fame induction ceremony will kick off the Celebrate 2013 weekend on Sept. 12.

Share and discuss “Five former Spartans to be inducted into MSU Hall of Fame” on social media.