Officials respond to Morrill Hall fire, cause unknown
Morrill Hall caught fire around 7 p.m. on Wednesday. The hall was in the process of demolition.
There was no explosion according to observers. There were, however, asbestos fumes coming from the building and thick smoke from the top of the building. The police scanner reported that there was a partial roof collapse.
MSU police Lt. Randy Holton said the cause of the fire is unknown.
Police and fire officials were unavailable for comment at this time.
Continue to check statenews.com for updates.