ELPD currently investigating three sexual assaults

The East Lansing Police Department currently is investigating two sexual assaults and one attempted sexual assault with all three victims being MSU students, according to a report from the department.

The most recent case took place Thursday night around 8 p.m. in the parking lot outside Abbott Pointe Apartments, 204 E. Pointe Lane. The suspect took the victim behind a dumpster where he sexually and physically assaulted her.

The suspect was last seen on Abbot Road after the assault.

The suspect was described as a white male around 5’5” to 5’10” and about 18-25 years old. He was wearing a faded red or pink shirt, shorts and bright green shoes.

Prior to Thursday night’s assault, two similar cases took place in April.

The first offense took place around midnight on April 20 on Coolidge Road, just south of Lake Lansing Road. The victim was also dragged to a secluded area where she was physically and sexually assaulted.

The second incident took place at around 3 a.m. on April 26 on the 300 block of Charles Street. The victim was attacked while trying to enter her home. She was then dragged to a secluded place where she was physically assaulted and an attempted sexual assault took place.

All three cases were described with a suspect that is a white male, average build, height of about 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-10 and about 18 to 25 years old.

Anyone with information regarding the three assaults is asked to contact East Lansing Police Department Officer Chris Shadduck at (517) 319-6842.

Share and discuss “ELPD currently investigating three sexual assaults” on social media.