Saturday, July 26, 2014

College GameDay heading to MSU on spring football tour

yjw_fea_fbcgameday09_092912

Fans hold carboard cutouts of junior running back Le’Veon Bell during a live ESPN College GameDay broadcast on Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012 near Beaumont Tower. GameDay is heading back to MSU on a spring football tour. Justin Wan/The State News

As the college basketball season officially came to an end this week, it’s never too soon to think about the return of college football.

ESPN’s College GameDay is hitting the road for the show’s spring football bus tour and is set to make a stop at MSU on April 18. The event will prelude MSU’s annual Green and White football game taking place on April 20 at Spartan Stadium (2:30 p.m., Big Ten Network).

The tour is slated to hit stops at Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Louisville, Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame as well as MSU, according to a tweet sent out by College GameDay producer Lee Fitting.

MSU Associate Athletics Director John Lewandowski said logistics have not been finalized as to the location of the set. However, Lewandowski said he anticipates ESPN analysts Joe Tessitore and Jesse Palmer to be involved and for the program to have a regular presence on ESPN’s SportsCenter throughout the day.

ESPN’s College Gameday made its sixth official stop in East Lansing in September 2012 prior to the MSU and Ohio State football game at Spartan Stadium.