MSU falls to Ferris State 2-1 at home

<p>Freshman forward Ryan Keller smiles after making the only <span class="caps">MSU</span> goal against Ferris State in the first periord. The goal was also Keller&#8217;s first in collegiate level. The Bulldogs defeated the Spartans, 2-1, Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, at Munn Ice Arena. Justin Wan/The State News</p>

Freshman forward Ryan Keller smiles after making the only MSU goal against Ferris State in the first periord. The goal was also Keller’s first in collegiate level. The Bulldogs defeated the Spartans, 2-1, Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, at Munn Ice Arena. Justin Wan/The State News

Photo by Justin Wan | The State News

In the third meeting between the two this season, Ferris State beat MSU hockey, 2-1.

Ferris State’s Cory Kane got the game rolling with a shot that made its way through MSU freshman goaltender Jake Hildebrand’s five-hole about midway through the first period.

MSU responded minutes later, and freshman forward Ryan Keller scored his first goal as a Spartan. He received the puck near the blue line from redshirt freshman forward Justin Hoomaian, controlled the puck and got a wrister into the net.

The second period was scoreless, but less than five minutes into the third period, Ferris State’s Travis Ouellette one-timed the puck on a pass from linemate Garrett Thompson.

Share and discuss “MSU falls to Ferris State 2-1 at home” on social media.