Friday, May 3, 2024

Case of alleged I-96 shooter to be handled by Michigan Attorney General

<p>Casteel</p>

Casteel

Law officials announced today the case against alleged I-96 corridor shooter and MSU alumnus Raulie Casteel will be handled by the Attorney General’s Criminal Division, according to a press release from the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette and the three county prosecutors requested the case, which currently spans four counties, be assigned to the Attorney General.

“I believe it is beneficial for the prosecution of this case and for the convenience of the witnesses to have a single source of prosecution,” Livingston County Prosecutor David Morse said in the release. “It will provide a consistent approach to the case that is not possible with multiple jurisdictions handling multiple cases.”

Casteel has been charged in Livingston County with six counts alleged to have occurred in Howell, Mich., and 60 alleged counts in Oakland Couty.

There currently are currently no charges for alleged incidents in Shiawassee and Ingham Counties, according to the release.

Share and discuss “Case of alleged I-96 shooter to be handled by Michigan Attorney General” on social media.