Weekend roundup: March 23-25

It is almost the weekend. Classes are ending, and students are ready to unwind. Here is a roundup of events to attend during the weekend respite.

“Riverdance”

Even if you’ve never seen it, you’ve probably heard of it. The show “Riverdance” has been one of the most popular celebration of Irish dance and music in the world since its debut in 1995, and it’s going to be in East Lansing this weekend.

There will be three performances: one held at 8 p.m. Friday, and the others held at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday at Wharton Center.

Tickets prices range from $30 to $55.

For more information, visit whartoncenter.com.

Tyler Vander Maas Sax Quartet

(SCENE) Metrospace, 110 Charles St., will host Tyler Vander Maas and his saxophone quartet at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

The performance will feature Vander Maas’ own compositions and arrangements, both with the quartet’s accompaniment and without, and will include jazz music as well as other genres.

Doors will open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $3 for students and $5 for the general public.

For more information, visit scenemetrospace.com.

Speak out

The University Activities Board will present Gabriela Garcia-Medina performing spoken word poetry at 9 p.m. Saturday in the Union Lounge.

Garcia-Medina, who is of Cuban descent, has performed throughout the world, and her poetry has appeared in commercials for Dove and the Toyota Motor Corporation.

Angelina Mosher of the MSU Poetry Slam Team will open the performance.

For more information, visit uabevents.com.

Theater of War

At 6 p.m. Sunday, the Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbot Road, will host readings of the classic plays “Ajax” and “Philoctetes,” by Sophocles.

The plays depict some of the challenges veterans face, and the readings, which are being produced by social impact company Outside the Wire, LLC, will be followed by a panel discussion for veterans, service members and their caregivers and families.

For more information, visit rcah.msu.edu.

Michigan Buggy Builders VW and Off-Road Trade Show & Swap Meet

From 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, the Michigan Buggy Builders will hold its 31st Annual VW and Off-Road Trade Show & Swap Meet at the Lansing Center, 333 E. Michigan Ave., in Lansing. There will be plenty of motor-related merchandise available for purchase, along with various car parts, both new and used.

There also will be custom show buggies on display, competing for the title of “Best of the Midwest.”

Admission is $8, but kids under 12 years old get in for free.

For more information, visit buggybuilders.com.

Share and discuss “Weekend roundup: March 23-25” on social media.