Trey Augustine and Isaac Howard to represent Team USA in World Juniors Tournament

<p>Sophomore forward Isaac Howard (22) taking a shot on goal during a game against Penn State at the Munn Ice Arena on Nov. 10, 2023. Howard would score the goal and add one assist to his stat line before the end of the game.</p>

Sophomore forward Isaac Howard (22) taking a shot on goal during a game against Penn State at the Munn Ice Arena on Nov. 10, 2023. Howard would score the goal and add one assist to his stat line before the end of the game.

As the USA world junior selection camp comes to a close and the show begins, two Michigan State hockey players have been selected to join Team USA in the fight for a gold medal at the IIHF World Junior Championship. Those two players include sophomore forward Isaac Howard and freshman goaltender Trey Augustine.

Augustine played with the US National Team Development Program for two seasons before heading to Michigan State. He led the US team to a gold medal in May of 2023 and to bronze in Jan. of 2021. He has started 17/18 games for MSU and had one shutout against Ohio State as well. 

Through 18 games played, Howard has 5 goals and 15 assists. He also played for the NTDP and participated in the world junior showcase in August of 2023. He was a member of the 2021 and 2022 WJC team and helped the team to gold in 2021. The Tampa Bay draft pick has successfully helped Michigan State this season after transferring from Minnesota Duluth. 

The tournament begins for the World Juniors teams beginning on Dec. 26 through Jan. 5 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The two will miss the Great Lakes Invitational at the end of Dec. on the 28 and 29, but will represent the team from overseas. 

Share and discuss “Trey Augustine and Isaac Howard to represent Team USA in World Juniors Tournament” on social media.