Wide receiver coach Courtney Hawkins hired to return for the 2024 MSU football season

<p>Michigan State players walking onto the field before the game against Penn State at Ford Field on Nov. 24, 2023.</p>

Michigan State players walking onto the field before the game against Penn State at Ford Field on Nov. 24, 2023.

A new era has begun for the Michigan State football team, and after hiring new head coach Jonathan Smith and 11 new coaches to help lead the team into more success, the program announced that wide receiver coach Courtney Hawkins was to remain on Smith's staff.

Hawkins has been the receivers coach for the Spartans since 2020, and is the first member of last year's staff to be retained.

"I have been very impressed getting to know Courtney Hawkins since I arrived on campus," Smith said in a press release. "On the field, he has developed productive players who have made an impact both in the Big Ten and at the next level. He also has created strong relationships with his players and has great ties to the state of Michigan as a longtime high school coach. I’m excited to work with Coach Hawkins and welcome him and his family to our staff."

In just a few short years at his alma mater, Hawkins coached and mentored several All-Big Ten receivers and NFL draft picks including Green Bay Packer Jayden Reed and Minnesota Viking Jalen Nailor. 

He was one of the coaches to see the team go 11-2 in the 2021 season and be ranked No. 8 in the coaches poll and No. 9 in the national AP polls. 

Hawkins looks to continue to help the football program grow and reach its best potential as he returns for his fifth season.

Share and discuss “Wide receiver coach Courtney Hawkins hired to return for the 2024 MSU football season” on social media.