Sunday, April 28, 2024

MSU Men's Basketball falls to No. 18 in week two AP Poll rankings

Teammates help senior center Mady Sissoko (22) off the floor after falling during a game against Southern Indiana at the Breslin Center on Nov. 9, 2023. The Spartans defeated the Screaming Eagles 74-51.

The Michigan State Men's Basketball dropped to No. 18 in the week two Men's AP Poll after starting the season ranked No. 4.

MSU went 1-1 during their first week of action, headlined by a shocking upset to James Madison, losing 79-76 at home to kick off the 2023-24 season. 

The Spartans picked up their first win of the season last Thursday, defeating Southern Indiana 71-54. 

Michigan State will be tested again in week two, as they are set to face No. 9 ranked Duke on Tuesday night in the State Farm Champions Classic at 7:00 p.m. on ESPN. The Spartans will also welcome Butler to the Breslin Center on Friday as a part of the Gavitt Tipoff Games, which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on FS1. 

Throughout the remainder of the non-conference schedule, MSU will have to fight to maintain its ranking in the AP Poll. The Spartans will also take on No. 3 ranked Arizona on Nov. 23 and No. 15 ranked Baylor on Dec. 16.

Share and discuss “MSU Men's Basketball falls to No. 18 in week two AP Poll rankings” on social media.