Sunday, April 28, 2024

MSU football lands transfer cornerback Terry Roberts

<p>Noah Harvey (No. 45) and Jacub Panasiuk (No. 96) celebrate after a play is blown dead against Iowa on Nov. 7, 2020.</p>

Noah Harvey (No. 45) and Jacub Panasiuk (No. 96) celebrate after a play is blown dead against Iowa on Nov. 7, 2020.

After the decommitment of TCU defensive back Kee’yon Stewart in mid-May, Michigan State football reached back into the transfer portal for more secondary help and has landed former Iowa and Miami defensive back Terry Roberts, the fifth-year corner announced via social media Thursday afternoon

Roberts spent five years as an Iowa Hawkeye before transferring to the Miami Hurricanes in January of this year. He spent the spring in Miami before deciding to take his talents back to the Midwest

The 5’10" defensive back appeared in 33 games for the Hawkeyes while starting in four of them. He recorded seven pass deflections and two interceptions during his tenure in Iowa City

He only appeared in five games last season as a leg injury sidelined him for the rest of the 2023 campaign

Roberts joins Cincinnati transfer Armorion Smith and Wisconsin transfer Semar Melvin as secondary newcomers who will all likely see the field for MSU in some capacity this fall

Share and discuss “MSU football lands transfer cornerback Terry Roberts” on social media.