MSU Basketball’s Joey Hauser signs two-way deal with Utah Jazz

<p>Graduate student forward Joey Hauser takes a moment before inbounding the ball against Ohio State. The Spartans would go on to lose 58-68 on March 10, 2023.</p>

Graduate student forward Joey Hauser takes a moment before inbounding the ball against Ohio State. The Spartans would go on to lose 58-68 on March 10, 2023.

Former Michigan State basketball forward Joey Hauser has agreed to a two-way contract with the Utah Jazz, his management team confirmed on social media shortly past midnight Friday. Hauser was the only Spartan to stay in the NBA Draft from the team’s roster last season.

None of the 58 picks from the 2023 NBA Draft were used on the 6’9" sharpshooter, but Hauser was able to secure a deal that allows him to gain experience in both the Jazz organization and its G League affiliate, the Salt Lake City Stars, which is currently coached by his former Marquette mentor Steve Wojciechowski, where he played under him for one season before transferring to MSU.

After a couple of up-and-down seasons in the green and white, Hauser settled into his role as a floor stretcher and rebounder with Michigan State last year, averaging career highs with 14.3 points per game on 46.5 percent shooting from beyond the three point line. The graduate student also grabbed a career best seven rebounds per contest last season.

The 23 year old will join his brother Sam as a professional basketball player as the older Hauser originally signed a two-way contract with the Boston Celtics coming out of Virginia but has since played well enough to earn a three-year, $6 million deal to stay in Boston. 

Barring injury, Hauser and the Jazz will be in action for the Salt Lake City Summer League and the NBA 2K24 Summer League with the first games kicking off in Utah on July 3. 

Share and discuss “MSU Basketball’s Joey Hauser signs two-way deal with Utah Jazz ” on social media.