Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Areas of MSU campus expected to close due to flooding

<p>The river walk along the Red Cedar River on MSU&#x27;s campus flooded with rainwater after severe thunderstorms on September 13th, 2021.</p>

The river walk along the Red Cedar River on MSU's campus flooded with rainwater after severe thunderstorms on September 13th, 2021.

Between today and Wednesday, the National Weather Service is predicting MSU’s Red Cedar River will exceed its minor flood stage on campus. Certain campus parking lots and sidewalks will be closed if it does.

Once the river water returns to its normal height, some of these areas may still remain closed as crews move in to clean up any debris left behind.

Students are advised to avoid any walkways, roads, lots or ramps that are closed in case the water depth and speed are worse than they appear. Anyone traveling throughout campus should give themselves enough time to get to where they’re going.

Students and staff should expect the following areas to be closed:

• The lower level of Parking Ramp 2 on Auditorium Road.
  • Parking Lot 62 near north Spartan Stadium.
  • Parking Lot 67 near Jenison Field House.
  • The sidewalks north of the Business College Complex.
  • The sidewalks and bike paths between the Spartan Statue and the Kellogg Center.
  • The sidewalks along the Red Cedar River at the Beal Botanical Garden.
  • The sidewalks along the Red Cedar River between the Alumni Memorial Chapel and the Farm Lane bridge.

Share and discuss “Areas of MSU campus expected to close due to flooding” on social media.