Survivor discharged from Sparrow Hospital; one student remains in critical condition

The exterior of Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI on Sept. 23, 2020.
The exterior of Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI on Sept. 23, 2020. —
Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

March 22 update

Another student who was critically injured during the Feb. 13 shooting on MSU's campus has been discharged from Sparrow Hospital, according to a tweet posted by MSU Police and Public Safety's Twitter account. The student released was previously listed as being in fair condition.

One student, out of the five that were injured during the shooting, remains in the hospital in critical condition.

The names of these two students, one who was discharged and one who remains in critical condition, have not been officially released yet.  

March 3 update

Two more students who were critically injured in last week's mass shooting at Michigan State University have been discharged from Sparrow Hospital, according to MSU Police and Public Safety's Twitter. The students were previously in "serious but stable" condition.

The released students' identities have not been released.

One survivor, later identified as music education and vocal performance senior Troy Forbush, was previously discharged from the hospital on Feb. 23. 

One student remains in fair condition while another student remains in critical condition.

Two of the students who were injured had families who confirmed their identities via GoFundMe fundraisers, which were set up to negate various costs of travel and care. Hospitality business junior Guadalupe Huapilla-Perez and international student John Hao are the names of the two identified students. 

MSU Deputy Spokesperson Dan Olsen confirmed the university would be paying the hospital bills of the five students who were injured.

All five were originally in critical condition on Feb. 13, while three others died in the shooting. Brian FraserAlexandria Verner and Arielle Anderson were identified as the three killed. 

Feb. 23 update

One student who was critically injured after last week’s mass shooting at Michigan State University was discharged from Sparrow Hospital after previously being in ‘serious but stable’ condition this morning, Sparrow Hospital Senior Media Relations Specialist Corey Alexander confirmed. 

The name of the student who was discharged this morning was not identified. 

One student remains in fair condition, one student remains in serious but stable condition and one student remains in critical condition.

Share and discuss “Survivor discharged from Sparrow Hospital; one student remains in critical condition” on social media.