Jacoby Windmon announces return to MSU for fifth season

Conerback Ameer Speed (6) and defendive end Jacoby Windmon (4) celebrate after a touchdown during the game against Wisconsin on October 15, 2022.

Senior LB/DL Jacoby Windmon stated he will forgo the NFL draft and return to the Spartans next season in a Saturday Twitter announcement.

The announcement comes as an early Christmas present to the Spartan defense that struggled mightily during the 2022 season. Before being suspended for the final stretch of the season after the tunnel incident at Michigan, Windmon forced an FBS-leading six fumbles and racked up 5.5 sacks. He also won Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week honors three times during his eight games played.

Windmon's return will help bolster his unit after losing multiple starters to lack of eligibility and the draft.

After the season concluded, Windmon was immediately reinstated from suspension. He has been eligible to return to the team since.

Share and discuss “Jacoby Windmon announces return to MSU for fifth season” on social media.