Xfinity services now offered to on-campus residents

<p>Rising sophomore Maya Salamey watching TV in her dorm Holden Hall on MSU&#x27;s campus on June 24, 2021. This is another way Maya passes the time day-to-day.</p>

Rising sophomore Maya Salamey watching TV in her dorm Holden Hall on MSU's campus on June 24, 2021. This is another way Maya passes the time day-to-day.

Photo by Lauren Snyder | The State News

In an email sent to Michigan State students Tuesday, the housing assignments office announced that on-campus residents now have access to Xfinity On Campus services.

“With Xfinity being MSU’s cable provider, they were able to add this service to our existing contract. We know our students consume video content through more than just a TV, so MSU Student Life & Engagement and MSU IT are happy to offer new ways for residents to enjoy cable channels and content,” Associate Director for Communications, Residence Education and Housing Services Bethany Balks said in an email.

Residents will be able to utilize live TV, Xfinity on Demand and Cloud DVR through phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, Rokus and Smart TVs. 

On-demand streaming platforms such as HBO and Peacock will also be included. Residents do not have to worry about paying extra as the services will be included in room and board rates.  

“This is in effect now!” Balks wrote. “We were able to soft launch the service with some students, like RAs, earlier this semester and make sure our help documentation was useful."

All on-campus residents in residence halls and on-campus apartments have access. Residents use their MSU NetID and password to connect their accounts.

Students need to be on the campus data network to have full access. This includes live TV of 120+ channels, thousands of shows and movies available to stream or download and watch offline, 20 hours of Cloud DVR storage and Peacock Premium, Balks explained.

There are some premium channels residents can optionally pay to add to their Xfinity account, such as NFL Redzone and Showtime. There are also a few restrictions.

Xfinity On Campus has a customer support webpage students should use for troubleshooting the system. If students are having access issues, they can contact the MSU IT Service Desk to check their account, Balks added.

Share and discuss “Xfinity services now offered to on-campus residents” on social media.