Honors College Activity Board host its annual honors ball

<p>Kinesiology junior Aubrey Vitale, microbiology junior Pam Jones and neuroscience junior Emily Cartier huddle for a photo together. Shot Feb. 19, 2022.</p>

Kinesiology junior Aubrey Vitale, microbiology junior Pam Jones and neuroscience junior Emily Cartier huddle for a photo together. Shot Feb. 19, 2022.

After two years, the Honors College Activities Board, or HCAB, threw their annual Honors Ball this past Friday.

The space-themed event allowed students to escape from this world and have fun for a few hours. 

Many attendees wore traditional ball attire while others let the theme guide their attire for the evening. Nonetheless, the fashion, music and community are some things that students in the Honors College missed.

“Obviously with the year of COVID people haven’t had the chance to really form bonds and relationships, especially for freshman and sophomores,” human biology junior and President of the HCAB Julia Matalon said. “This is kind of a good opportunity to build friendships, meet new people, go take photos, (and) have fun.”

The ball usually has about 100 attendees but after the MSU Affirmations page shared the flier on instagram ticket sales shot up.

This year there were over 250 people who attended the ball.  Matalon credited the “absolutely amazing turnout” (1:58) to the MSU affirmations instagram page. 

While the formal dance was for students in the honors college, all MSU students were welcomed to the event.

“We found our families here,” biochemistry and molecular biology junior and Vice President Riley Cordero said.

Cordero and Matalon became best friends and even roommates after meeting each other through HCAB. 

“This is what we do and we love it here,” Cordero said.

Students that are looking to plan or participate in more HCAB activities are welcome to join even if they are not in the Honors College.

Share and discuss “Honors College Activity Board host its annual honors ball” on social media.