Kenneth Walker III opting out of the Peach Bowl, entering NFL Draft

<p>Junior running back Kenneth Walker III (9) running the ball during the game against Maryland on Nov. 13, 2021, at Spartan Stadium.</p>

Junior running back Kenneth Walker III (9) running the ball during the game against Maryland on Nov. 13, 2021, at Spartan Stadium.

Photo by Lauren Snyder | The State News

Junior running back Kenneth Walker III announced on his Twitter that he will not be participating in the Peach Bowl to prepare for the 2022 NFL draft. 

Walker took Michigan State by storm in just 12 games, winning Walter Camp Player of the Year, the Doak Walker award and was a consensus first-team All-American. He played for one season in East Lansing after transferring from Wake Forest last offseason. 

“I want to thank Ken for all of his success and thank him for taking a chance on us,” Michigan State Head Coach Mel Tucker said via Twitter. “From the first day he set foot on campus in January, he has done nothing but work extremely hard and represent Michigan State University with class. He quickly earned the respect of his teammates and coaches, and they were happy to share in his success and accolades. He is a special player and I'm proud of everything he was able to achieve this season. K9 will always be a Spartan Dawg.”

Walker is projected as the best running back in the upcoming draft pool according to The Athletic’s Dane Brugler.

Share and discuss “Kenneth Walker III opting out of the Peach Bowl, entering NFL Draft” on social media.