First responders search by foot, drones, boats looking for student missing from MSU campus

<p>Brendan Santo, in what he was last seen wearing. </p>

Brendan Santo, in what he was last seen wearing.

Brendan Santo has been reported missing, according to Michigan State University’s police department. 

Santo was last seen on Oct. 29, leaving Yakeley Hall at MSU shortly before midnight. It is possible Santo planned to walk approximately a half-mile to the Brody Neighborhood, according to a Nov. 1 MSUPD news release. 

Santo was not a student at MSU and was visiting friends. However, there is no indication he left the East Lansing area. Santo’s vehicle was left in the last location it was parked. 

He was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, black T-shirt, black baseball hat and converse shoes. Santo is 5’10 and 160 lbs. 

To enhance the investigation, Michigan State Police and the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office are providing assistance with specialized units. 

Searches have been conducted on foot, by helicopter, by drone and boat. In addition, everyone who last had contact or spoke with Santo has been interviewed. 

A review of surveillance cameras has also been conducted. Cellular, smartphone and GPS data have been reviewed, the news release states. 

If you have any information on Santo’s whereabouts, please contact Sgt. James Terrill at MSUPD at 517-388-6291

Resources are available to MSU students through the Counseling and Psychiatric Services

CAPS provides free, remote crisis services, available 24/7. The CAPS Crisis Line can be reached 517-355-8270, also available 24/7. 

More resources can be found here and more services can be found here. 

Share and discuss “First responders search by foot, drones, boats looking for student missing from MSU campus” on social media.