Michigan State basketball's Kendall Bostic to enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Freshman forward Kendall Bostic (44) excited for the teams win during the game against Iowa on December 12, 2020 at the Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Hawkeyes 86-82.
Freshman forward Kendall Bostic (44) excited for the teams win during the game against Iowa on December 12, 2020 at the Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Hawkeyes 86-82. —
Photo by Lauren Snyder | The State News

Michigan State women’s basketball forward Kendall Bostic has entered the transfer portal after her freshman season.

"While I have decided that my remaining 4 years will be spent elsewhere and to enter the transfer portal, I am appreciative of the opportunity to have been a small part of this special community," Bostic said in a tweet, announcing her departure from the program. "Looking ahead, I am excited about my next chapter and the opportunities that lie ahead of me."

Bostic in her one season at Michigan State had a difficult time finding consistent minutes at the power forward spot with Julia Ayrault, Tory Ozment and Mardrekia Cook each taking the majority of the minutes at that position.

Bostic on the year averaged 4.2 points and 2.9 rebounds per game on the year and stepped up in major moments, including scoring 13 against Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament semifinal as Ayrault, Ozment and Cook were each dealing with injuries that limited or kept them out of play.

In addition, Bostic flashed her offensive potential in the Spartans’ home opener against Saint Francis, scoring a career-high 15 points in 26 minutes of action.

Bostic will likely have many potential transfer spots to choose from with her skill set. Coming into Michigan State, Bostic was ranked 65th in the nation in her recruiting class by ESPN, including being ranked 16 at her position. Teams will likely covet her ability to stretch the floor and score in multiple ways at the power forward position.

The Spartans will still have Ayrault and Ozment returning to fill minutes at the power forward position along with a strong recruiting class headlined by five-star guard Damiya Hagemann and three other forwards that are highly ranked: Isaline Alexander, Brooklyn Rewers and Lauren Walker. However, the Spartans will lose Cook for next year, leaving a hole in the locker room without her leadership.

Share and discuss “Michigan State basketball's Kendall Bostic to enter NCAA Transfer Portal” on social media.