Foster Loyer undergoes shoulder surgery, to sit remainder of season

<p>Junior guard Foster Loyer watches the team warm up on Feb. 23, 2021. Loyer was inactive as a player, but helped his team from the bench in the win.</p>

Junior guard Foster Loyer watches the team warm up on Feb. 23, 2021. Loyer was inactive as a player, but helped his team from the bench in the win.

Photo by Devin Anderson-Torrez | The State News

Per an MSU men's basketball spokesperson, Foster Loyer underwent his long awaited shoulder surgery recently. With a desperate need to heal, this means Loyer's season is ending early.

The last game the junior guard was featured in was against Purdue on Feb. 16, where he only contributed two minutes and zero points to the final sheet.

It was originally communicated that he would only sit out against Indiana on Feb. 20 and Illinois on Feb. 23, but that was extended as his condition worsened.

Since, Loyer has been using his team captain abilities to coach and hype up the team from the bench.

He finishes seventh on the team overall, as of March 2, having contributed 79 points over 19 total games. He shot at 29.4% from the field, 32.7% from the arc and 88% from the line this campaign and is ranked third on the team for assists, tallying 44 to tie with Joshua Langford.

Share and discuss “Foster Loyer undergoes shoulder surgery, to sit remainder of season” on social media.