Aaron Henry named to Big Ten All-Defensive Team, All-Big Ten Third Team

Junior forward Aaron Henry smiles before the Wolverines matchup with the Spartans on Mar. 6, 2021.
Junior forward Aaron Henry smiles before the Wolverines matchup with the Spartans on Mar. 6, 2021. —
Photo by Devin Anderson-Torrez | The State News

Michigan State men's basketball star Aaron Henry was awarded two Big Ten Conference honors this afternoon.

He was selected to be apart of the All-Big Ten Third Team by media – alongside Michigan's Franz Wagner, Ohio State's Duane Washington Jr., Rutgers' Ron Harper Jr. and Wisconsin's D'Mitrik Trice – and by coaches – alongside all the same men except Wagner, whose place was instead taken by Minnesota's Marcus Carr.

He was also selected to the All-Defensive Team by coaches, alongside Illinois' Trent Frazier, Maryland's Darryl Morsell, Penn State's Jamari Wheeler and Rutgers' Myles Johnson.

The junior was named Big Ten Player of the Week on Monday for the first time in his career, too, capping a big week for Henry and the Spartans.

Henry is only one of two Division I players that averages 15.5 points, 3.5 assists, 1.3 steals and 32.1 minutes played per game. He is second on the team in rebounding (5.5) and blocks (1.3) per game. For much of the season, the combo guard/forward has done it all for the Spartans.

Overall, he ranks ninth in the Big Ten for scoring, tied for 12th in assists, seventh in blocked shots, 11th in steals and 10th minutes played. He is 12th in the league in field goal percentage, averaging 44.8%, and eighth in free throw percentage, averaging 77.8%.

In addition, Joshua Langford was MSU's honoree for the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award.

Share and discuss “Aaron Henry named to Big Ten All-Defensive Team, All-Big Ten Third Team” on social media.