MSU cornerback Davion Williams, linebacker Jeslord Boateng enter transfer portal

Redshirt freshman center back Davion Williams (14) rushes past Indiana’s defensive back Jaylin Williams (23) during the homecoming game against Indiana on Sept. 28, 2019 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans led the Hoosiers 21-14 at halftime.

A third player from nearby Belleville High School has entered the transfer portal.

Then another linebacker too.

Shortly after the announcements that former four-star recruits Julian Barnett and Devontae Dobbs would be departing the Michigan State football program, an MSU athletics spokesperson confirmed reports that Spartan cornerback Davion Williams and redshirt sophomore linebacker Jeslord Boateng would follow suit.

A junior, Williams was a three-star recruit in the class of 2018, according to 247Sports Composite Rankings. He is the seventh player from MSU to enter the transfer portal since the start of the 2020 season and joins Luke Fulton, Dobbs, Barnett, Marcel Lewis, Charles Willekes and running back Anthony Williams Jr.

Boateng is a redshirt sophomore from Dublin, Ohio, who was a three-star recruit in the 2018 class according to 247Sports when he committed in 2017. He redshirted his first year at MSU and saw little action across his two years with the program, tallying only 10 total tackles across 18 games played.

Williams did appear in all seven games for the Spartans and played in 13 games in 2019, primarily on special teams. Williams had eight tackles this past season and six tackles and two fumble recoveries in 2019.

The news comes on the heels of a busy week for MSU football as the early signing period for recruits to sign their national letters of intent began on Dec. 16 and ended Friday, Dec. 18, with MSU signing 18 recruits and getting two transfers to commit to playing for MSU in 2021.

The movement within the program saw multiple transfers and the addition of quarterback Anthony Russo from Temple and Auburn running back Harold Joiner III. Russo is one of the best, statistically, quarterbacks in the Temple Owl program over his 31 games that saw the quarterback pass for more than 6,000 yards.

Michigan State also had its final game of the season against Maryland canceled Thursday afternoon due to COVID-19 concerns within the Maryland Terrapins football program.

Share and discuss “MSU cornerback Davion Williams, linebacker Jeslord Boateng enter transfer portal” on social media.