Men's basketball game against No. 18 Virginia postponed due to COVID issues

<p>Junior forward Gabe Brown (44) jumps to block a shot from Western Michigan&#x27;s B. Artis White (3) in the first half of the game. The Spartans came back in the second half to end the game against the Broncos, 79-61, on Dec. 6, 2020.</p>

Junior forward Gabe Brown (44) jumps to block a shot from Western Michigan's B. Artis White (3) in the first half of the game. The Spartans came back in the second half to end the game against the Broncos, 79-61, on Dec. 6, 2020.

Photo by Lauren DeMay | The State News

The No. 4 Michigan State men's basketball (5-0) game against the No. 18 Virginia Cavaliers has been postponed.

The game was originally scheduled for 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9 in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The announcement comes from a MSU Athletic Department press release the night before the teams would have played the game. The decision was made based on COVID-19 issues within the Cavaliers' program.

The Spartans are set to host the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (0-6) at the Breslin Center at noon on Sunday, Dec. 13. This game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.

There has been no reschedule date given for the MSU-UVA matchup.

Share and discuss “Men's basketball game against No. 18 Virginia postponed due to COVID issues” on social media.