MSU ranked preseason No. 13, Aaron Henry preseason All-Big Ten

<p>Then-sophomore forward Aaron Henry (11) during the basketball game against Wisconsin at the Kohl Center in Madison on Feb. 1, 2020. The Spartans fell to the Badgers 63-64. </p>

Then-sophomore forward Aaron Henry (11) during the basketball game against Wisconsin at the Kohl Center in Madison on Feb. 1, 2020. The Spartans fell to the Badgers 63-64.

Photo by Connor Desilets | The State News

As the ambiguous start date to the 2020-21 college basketball season approaches, Michigan State men's basketball comes in outside the top 10 in the preseason AP Poll. After starting last season ranked No. 1 for the first time in program history, the Spartans check in at No. 13 this year.

Around the Big Ten, Wisconsin and Illinois come in at No. 7 and 8, respectively. Ohio State, Rutgers, and Michigan round out spots No. 23-25, respectively.

Yesterday, head coach Tom Izzo tested positive for COVID-19. During Izzo's isolation period, associate head coach Dwayne Stephens will step in to help prepare the team for a tentative start date of Dec. 1 against No. 9 Duke for the Champions Classic. A location for the matchup is yet to be announced. 

In other preseason news, junior forward Aaron Henry earned a spot on the Preseason All-Big Ten Team. No other Spartans earned the honor. Iowa’s Luka Garza is listed as the preseason Big Ten player of the year. 

Share and discuss “MSU ranked preseason No. 13, Aaron Henry preseason All-Big Ten ” on social media.