Following a temporary closure, Ingham County Health Department announced on Tuesday there had been at least 14 cases of COVID-19 connected to Harper’s Restaurant and Brewpub.
New numbers show 34 cases linked to the establishment, all between the ages of 18 to 23. None of these individuals had been hospitalized. Most have mild symptoms, and four are asymptomatic. Some have permanent residence in other Michigan counties, the release said.
The Ingham County Health Department is urging anyone who visited Harper’s from June 12 to 20 to self-quarantine and seek testing, according to the press release. Those who tested negative should continue to self-quarantine due to the possibility of a false negative, the release said.
“Given the number of cases in this outbreak, we consider this a higher risk exposure than a typical visit to a restaurant or bar,” Ingham County Health Officer Linda Vail said in the release. “There are likely more people infected with COVID-19 not yet identified. We need help from people who went to Harper’s during the exposure dates so that we can contain the outbreak. We need everyone exposed to stay home.”
A list of no-cost testing sites is available on the State of Michigan website.
Editor's note: This story was updated at 4:50 p.m. June 24 to reflect an increase in cases linked to Harper's.
Do you want the news without having to hunt for it?
Sign up for our morning s'newsletter. It's everything your friends are talking about and then some. And it's free!
Share and discuss “Update: 34 COVID-19 cases linked to Harper's Restaurant and Brewpub” on social media.