Watch the MSU Alumni Band perform fight song remotely

Spartan marching band alumni walk during the homecoming parade on Oct. 14, 2016 on Abbot Road.

The Michigan State Alumni Band will stream a video live via YouTube Monday at 9 p.m. to commemorate what would have been the tip-off of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship Game. 

More than 75 members of the band have come together from their homes to perform the MSU Fight Song. 

“The MSU Alumni Band is proud to honor MSU Spartan fans and others whose lives have changed the past few weeks; the students, the educators, the athletes and those who support them,” the alumni band’s YouTube channel reads.

The band encourages Spartans worldwide to come together during this time and recite the lyrics Spartans have been singing for years. 

“Hang your Spartan flag and put on your Spartan gear,” the alumni band’s channel reads. “You can hold a virtual viewing party and sing, clap or play along with Spartans from around the globe.”

The link to the livestream can be found here.

Share and discuss “Watch the MSU Alumni Band perform fight song remotely” on social media.