Michigan State hockey defenseman Jerad Rosburg signs entry-level deal with Dallas Stars

Redshirt senior defenseman Jerad Rosburg (16) evaluates his options during the game against Michigan on Feb. 14, 2020 at the Munn Ice Arena. MSU fell to U of M 5-1.
Redshirt senior defenseman Jerad Rosburg (16) evaluates his options during the game against Michigan on Feb. 14, 2020 at the Munn Ice Arena. MSU fell to U of M 5-1. —

Just days after an early exit in the Big Ten tournament and an end to his collegiate career, senior defenseman Jerad Rosburg came to terms with the Dallas Stars of the NHL earlier today, signing a one-year entry-level contract with the organization. Rosburg will first report to the Texas Stars, Dallas’ American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.

Rosburg, an assistant captain and top defenseman on this year’s Michigan State hockey team, finished the season with four goals and 13 assists in 36 games played. He played in a grand total of 141 games with the Spartans over the course of four seasons and ends his career with 55 points. 

Rosburg’s stint with Texas will be an amateur tryout that will run through the end of this season, according to the official statement from the Dallas Stars. Rosburg is the first of what could end up being several Spartans that will sign with NHL teams, as it was also reported by Frank Seravalli of TSN that the New York Rangers are expressing serious interest in senior forward Patrick Khodorenko.

Share and discuss “Michigan State hockey defenseman Jerad Rosburg signs entry-level deal with Dallas Stars” on social media.