Mental Health Awareness Week to take place on campus this week

<p>A calendar of the ASMSU Mental Health Awareness week is displayed on Nov. 12, 2018 at the Broad Art Lab.</p>

A calendar of the ASMSU Mental Health Awareness week is displayed on Nov. 12, 2018 at the Broad Art Lab.

Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

For a second year, the Associated Students of Michigan State University, or ASMSU, will be hosting several events on campus in honor of Mental Health Awareness Week.

The goal of these events is to release the stigma around mental health and promote the resources available to Michigan State students and others in the East Lansing community, the event page said.

Mental Health Awareness Week will be from Nov. 9 to Nov. 16. 

Here is a list of the events that will be taking place throughout the week.

Monday

The kickoff event will be hosted from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Rock. There will be free shirts, pins and promotions. 

Tuesday

"Break the Stigma" will be focusing on multicultural communities and their impact on mental health in light of recent incidents on campus.

This will take place in the Union Ballroom from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Wednesday

Succulents will be handed out at various locations across campus, including Holden Hall, McDonel Hall, the Union, Brody Hall, North Hubbard Hall and Bessey Hall from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

"Embrace the Rain" will take place at the Erickson Kiva from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Thursday

A candlelight vigil event will be open to all who have had experiences with mental health or wish to support the cause at The Rock from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

"Spartan Warrior Yoga" with Chris Martindale will take place at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Friday

Positive Affirmation Day will be giving kind words and Mental Health Awareness Week promotions outside of Wells Hall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

Saturday

Closing out the week will be a wellness craft-night to tailgate for the MSU vs Michigan football game at Akers Hall during game time.

Stay with The State News for more coverage of Mental Health Awareness Week.

Share and discuss “Mental Health Awareness Week to take place on campus this week” on social media.