Three-star running back Jordon Simmons commits to MSU 2020 class

<p>Coach Mark Dantonio runs out with his team to start the game off against Arizona State. The Spartans fell to the Sun Devils, 10-7, on Sept. 14, 2019 at Spartan Stadium.</p>

Coach Mark Dantonio runs out with his team to start the game off against Arizona State. The Spartans fell to the Sun Devils, 10-7, on Sept. 14, 2019 at Spartan Stadium.

Photo by Lauren DeMay | The State News

Michigan State added another much-needed commitment to their list Monday from three-star Georgia-native and running back Jordon Simmons.

Simmons is currently ranked as the No. 39 running back in the nation, according to 247sports.com. Out of 15 total recruits, he is the first running back to sign on for Michigan State’s 2020 class.

Simmons chose Michigan State out of a pool of 10 schools, that of which included LSU, Louisville, West Virginia, Oregon, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida State, Colorado and Ole Miss.

As a 5-foot-10, 185-pound running back, Michigan State will definitely benefit from Simmons' abilities in the next season.

After the losses of both running backs Connor Heyward and La’Darius Jefferson to the NCAA transfer portal, Simmons has filled an important spot for Head Coach Mark Dantonio's program.

Share and discuss “Three-star running back Jordon Simmons commits to MSU 2020 class” on social media.