Statewide Hispanic/Latino graduation ceremony to be held at LCC

Attendees of the 2018 Statewide Hispanic/Latino College Graduation Ceremony hold up a Mexican flag during the event at the Lansing Center April 6, 2018. Courtesy of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Attendees of the 2018 Statewide Hispanic/Latino College Graduation Ceremony hold up a Mexican flag during the event at the Lansing Center April 6, 2018. Courtesy of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. —

The Hispanic/Latino Commission will hold its third-annual Statewide Hispanic/Latino College Graduation ceremony at 6 p.m. April 5 at Lansing Community College's Dart Auditorium, 500 N. Capitol Ave. in Lansing. Registration is required.

The event will celebrate the achievements of Latinx graduates from across Michigan while acknowledging the families, students, faculty and administrators who helped the graduates during their time at a college or university.

Although caps and gowns are not required, attendees are encouraged to wear them to the ceremony.

The Hispanic/Latino Commission is a subsidiary of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. Fifteen members are appointed by the governor to serve three-year terms as legislative advisers representing Michigan's Latinx population.

Additional initiatives the commission is involved in include a backpack drive, the celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, the Future Leaders Scholarship and the New Americans Appreciation Gala.

Share and discuss “Statewide Hispanic/Latino graduation ceremony to be held at LCC” on social media.