Softball home opener against Western Michigan postponed

Junior third-baseman Kaitlyn Eveland (8) goes up to bat during the game against Minnesota on April 8, 2018 at Secchia Stadium. The Vikings defeated the Spartans, 6-2. (Annie Barker | State News)
Junior third-baseman Kaitlyn Eveland (8) goes up to bat during the game against Minnesota on April 8, 2018 at Secchia Stadium. The Vikings defeated the Spartans, 6-2. (Annie Barker | State News) —
Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

Michigan State’s home opener against Western Michigan has been cancelled due to constant rain in the forecast for the afternoon. The home opener, originally supposed to be on Wednesday, may be rescheduled for a later date.

The Spartans will take on Penn State this weekend at home, starting their Big Ten schedule. MSU (10-16) took two of three from the Nittany Lions last season in State College, and the series is tied 5-5 over the last 10 games. Penn State (13-12) hosts a doubleheader with Robert Morris on Wednesday afternoon before making the trip to East Lansing.

All three games this weekend will be streamed on BTN2Go, and will also be carried on the Spartan Sports Network live audio stream. The broadcast will be available exclusively at SpartanSportsNetwork.com and on the network's 24/7 app for mobile devices (available on iTunes and Google Play).  Matt Tjapkes is back in the booth to call all the Spartan softball action the action.

Share and discuss “Softball home opener against Western Michigan postponed” on social media.