Preview: MSU to travel to Minnesota for season finale

<p>Freshman guard Nia Clouden (24) drives for a layup against Ohio State. The Spartans lost to the Buckeyes, 70-77, Feb. 21, 2019 at the Breslin Center.</p>

Freshman guard Nia Clouden (24) drives for a layup against Ohio State. The Spartans lost to the Buckeyes, 70-77, Feb. 21, 2019 at the Breslin Center.

Photo by Matt Zubik | The State News

Who: Michigan State (19-9, 9-8 Big Ten) and Minnesota (19-9, 8-9 Big Ten) 

Where: Williams Arena, Minneapolis 

When: March 3, 4 p.m. 

TV: BTN Plus 

The Spartans come off a 57-48 over Penn State Feb. 27. This win tied the records of wins at home during a season (15), an achievement the 2010-11 team reached. Coincidentally, both squads lost only to Ohio State in their respective seasons at home. Michigan State shot 41.2 percent from the field, 28.6 percent from three-point range and 76.5 percent from the free-throw line. Freshman guard Nia Clouden led all scorers with 14 points. 

The Golden Gophers come off a 54-60 loss to Rutgers Feb. 28. Minnesota shot 37.8 percent from the field, 46.7 percent from behind the arch and 81.3 percent from the line. Sophomore guard Destiny Pitts led all scorers with 24 points and five rebounds. 

The Spartans defeated the Golden Gophers in East Lansing Jan. 9, 86-68. Michigan State has struggled on the road this season, securing a 3-7 road record while Minnesota is 13-4 at home. 

Michigan State is currently in the sixth place seed while Minnesota is in the eighth place seed for the Big Ten Tournament set for next week in Indianapolis. 

Share and discuss “Preview: MSU to travel to Minnesota for season finale” on social media.