Michigan State bus route 33 extends hours, will run until 10:30 p.m.

<p>A CATA bus pictured on June 8 at the CATA Transportation Center. <strong>Kaiyue Zhang</strong> <strong>| The State News</strong></p>

A CATA bus pictured on June 8 at the CATA Transportation Center. Kaiyue Zhang | The State News

Instead of stopping its rotations at 7 p.m., Michigan State's bus route 33 will now run until 10:30 p.m.

This change came shortly after a petition advocating for the CATA bus route to run until 2 a.m. circulated, receiving over 1,000 from students who cited safety and weather concerns. The route runs from the MSU Union to South Neighborhood.

CATA bus route 33 will operate every 40 minutes from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., according to CATA's website

Changes have also been made to the route 38 bus. It will not longer serve stops on Farm Lane, Wilson Road or Ramp 5. 

Buses departing from Spartan Village will be traveling to the Multimodal Gateway, will continue north on Harrison Road to Shaw Lane and east to Bogue Street, where the regular route will resume. Additionally, the bus route will no longer return to campus along Trowbridge Road. 

Additional trip times for route 33 and adjustments for route 38 can be found on the CATA website, CATAnow and the Transit app after spring break, the website said. 

Share and discuss “Michigan State bus route 33 extends hours, will run until 10:30 p.m.” on social media.