College of Engineering to hold events to celebrate National Engineers Week
Michigan State will celebrate National Engineers Week with peers around the country through various events held from Feb. 16 to 24.
National Engineers Week "celebrates how engineers make a difference in our world," which is why the College of Engineering will be hosting professional, career and celebratory events to honor engineering education and experiences, a press release said.
A two-day Engineering Expo will host over 170 companies and will offer eight industry sessions.
All majors are welcome to find internship and networking opportunities at the expo.
The events that will be held throughout the week include:
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering: More than 500 students from fourth to eight grade will be given the opportunity to "explore science and engineering through fun, supervised activities." It will be held from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 16 in the Engineering Building and Anthony Hall.
- Annual Spartan Engineering Day — Student engineering organizations will provide hands-on demonstrations at this event. It will be held from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 17 at Impression 5 Science Center in Lansing.
- The Celebrate Engineering Luncheon — This will be held at 12 p.m on Feb. 18 in the lobby of the Engineering Building.
- Spartan 300 Race for a Cause — Engineering organizations will "race NASCAR-inspired Hot Wheels cars on a 10-foot track" at the event, the release said. It will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Feb. 18 in room C108 of Wilson Hall.
- The first day of the Engineering Expo — Various events will be held throughout the day on from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 19 in the Engineering Building.
- The second day of the Engineering Expo — Several career fair opportunities will be held on from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 21 in the Engineering Building.
- The CHEMS Symposium Day event — Presentations of innovative research in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science will be shown from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m on Feb. 22. in Brody Square.
- The Tinker Fair — This will take place from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Feb. 23 in the International Center.
- The 2019 Michigan VEX Robotics State Championship — This will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m on Feb. 24 in Jenison Field House.