Byrum announces new Board of Trustees committee appointments

<p>Newly-elected chairperson Dianne Byrum answers questions from the press after the MSU Board of Trustees met on Wednesday, January 9, 2019.</p>

Newly-elected chairperson Dianne Byrum answers questions from the press after the MSU Board of Trustees met on Wednesday, January 9, 2019.

Photo by Matt Zubik | The State News

Chair of the MSU Board of Trustees Dianne Byrum announced committee appointments for the current session of the board, effective Thursday.

The appointments will be formally announced at the Feb. 15 meeting, Byrum said. The agenda for that meeting is still being put together, but will include an update on the new fund that will replace the Healing Assistance Fund.

More or less, the trustees all got which positions they asked for, Byrum said. Byrum said she used each trustee’s personal interest balanced with their expertise, life experiences and backgrounds as criteria for the appointments.

“Obviously, there’s just so many slots and so many members, but everybody’s on two committees. I tried to take into account their number-one choice,” Byrum said. “I think people are very happy.”

The appointments are listed in the embedded memo below.

Share and discuss “Byrum announces new Board of Trustees committee appointments” on social media.