Preview: 'Love Never Dies' to perform at Wharton Center

<p>A New York ensemble cast performs the song "Only for You" from 'Love Never Dies.' The production is a sequel to Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'The Phantom of the Opera.' <strong>Photo courtesy of Joan Marcus.&nbsp;</strong></p>

A New York ensemble cast performs the song "Only for You" from 'Love Never Dies.' The production is a sequel to Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'The Phantom of the Opera.' Photo courtesy of Joan Marcus. 

'Love Never Dies,' the sequel to Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'The Phantom of the Opera,' will be performed at the Wharton Center's Great Cobb Hall from Oct. 9 to 14. It will be shown as a part of the MSU Federal Credit Union's Broadway at Wharton Center Series. 

"The new touring production will reflect an extensive re-working of the material by an Australian creative team for the original Australian premiere in 2011," according to a press release from the Wharton Center. 

The show is directed by Simon Phillips and features new set and choreography design by Gabriela Tylesova. This is one of a small handful of times a West End musical has been reworked for other productions. 

The plot of the sequel is set 10 years after 'The Phantom of the Opera.'

"The Phantom has escaped to a new life in New York where he lives amongst the screaming joy rides and freak shows of Coney Island," according to the press release. "In this new, electrically-charged world, he has finally found a place for his music to soar, but he has never stopped yearning for his one true love and musical protégée, Christine Daaé.

In a final bid to win back Christine’s love, The Phantom lures her, Raoul, and their young son, Gustave, from Manhattan to the glittering and glorious world of Coney Island - not knowing what is in store for them."

Tickets to the show can be purchased online from the Wharton Center. Group and student rates are available. 

Share and discuss “Preview: 'Love Never Dies' to perform at Wharton Center” on social media.