Michigan State, U-M game features higher ticket prices compared to other games

Many Michigan State and University of Michigan fans wait for the day they can purchase tickets for a chance to catch the action between the two teams live. For the unlucky fans who did not have the chance to get tickets for the MSU vs. U-M game Saturday, Oct. 20 at Spartan Stadium the day they went on sale, they will have to pay a hefty price as gameday nears. 

Tickets for the in-state rivalry game were as low as $80 — ranging up to $120 before taxes — on the MSU Spartans website Sept. 19. Now, tickets on resale sites such as Stubhub, Ticketmaster Resale and Vivid Seats go far beyond the face value prices.

The cheapest selection of tickets start at $78.20 Oct. 14 on Stubhub in the Spartan student section. If a fan purchases a ticket in the student section they must show their MSU student ID to be allowed in the stadium along with the printed ticket. 

Tickets going over the $1,000 limit, or in one case over $9,000 on Stubhub, were for the Huntington Club section. Seats in this section allow fans access to complimentary buffet food service, a cash bar of beer and wine, padded seats and a game day program, according to the Spartan Fund website.  

No other game on the Spartans’ schedule has matched these prices, including their home game against Ohio State Nov. 10, on the resale websites. The cheapest tickets to catch a game at Spartan Stadium this year can be found for $6 in Lower End Zone 2 when Rutgers visits East Lansing Nov. 24. 

Share and discuss “Michigan State, U-M game features higher ticket prices compared to other games” on social media.