MSU LB Tyriq Thompson arraigned for noise violation, pre-trial set

Junior linebacker Tyriq Thompson (17) hands his gloves to a member of the crowd after the Green and White Spring Game on April 1, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The White team defeated the Green team, 33-23.
Junior linebacker Tyriq Thompson (17) hands his gloves to a member of the crowd after the Green and White Spring Game on April 1, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The White team defeated the Green team, 33-23. —

Michigan State linebacker Tyriq Thompson was arraigned on Sept. 4 for a misdemeanor noise violation on Sept. 1, with a cash bond set at $200, according to East Lansing 54B District Court records.

A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Sept. 27 and Thompson is pleading not guilty, according to online court records.

Thompson did not dress for the Spartans' game against Arizona State Saturday night in Tempe, Arizona.

The redshirt junior started in MSU's first game of the season last week in a 38-31 victory over Utah State collecting one tackle. 

On depth charts released the last two weeks, Thompson was listed as a starter at strong-side, or Sam, linebacker with Brandon Bouyer-Randle.

Stay with The State News as this story develops.

Share and discuss “MSU LB Tyriq Thompson arraigned for noise violation, pre-trial set” on social media.