MSU announces home-and-home series with Oregon

<p>Then-freshman running back LJ Scott runs the ball during the second quarter of the game against Oregon on Sept. 12, 2015 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Ducks 31-28. Joshua Abraham/The State News</p>

Then-freshman running back LJ Scott runs the ball during the second quarter of the game against Oregon on Sept. 12, 2015 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Ducks 31-28. Joshua Abraham/The State News

MSU football announced Monday afternoon a home-and-home series will take place with the University of Oregon in 2029 and 2030. This is the second-ever home-and-home series between the two teams.

The first game will take place on Sept. 8, 2029 at Spartan Stadium, with the second game taking place on Sept. 7, 2030 at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. 

The all-time series between the Spartans and Ducks is 3-3, with MSU winning the last game 31-28 on Sept. 12, 2015 at Spartan Stadium. Head coach Mark Dantonio's team would eventually go on to win the Big Ten Championship and earn a College Football Playoff berth.

Oregon took the first game of the previous home-and-home series, beating MSU 46-27 on Sept. 6, 2014 at Autzen Stadium. The Ducks will went on to win the Pac-12 Championship and a College Football Playoff berth.

The home team has won each game throughout this series between the Spartans and Ducks.

MSU will kickoff the 2018 season against Utah State on Aug. 31, with kickoff scheduled for 7 p.m. at Spartan Stadium. The game will be televised on BTN.

Share and discuss “MSU announces home-and-home series with Oregon” on social media.