Vice President of University Advancement Bob Groves announces resignation

The Hannah Administration Building on June 22, 2018.
The Hannah Administration Building on June 22, 2018. —
Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

Vice President of University Advancement Bob Groves will be resigning from his position effective Nov. 2, according to a university press release.

Groves told Interim President John Engler on July 26 of his decision to resign, according to the release.

University Advancement is responsible for building relationships with MSU alumni and partners and for managing accounting and funding that goes through MSU. 

"Bob has been with MSU since January 2009 and played a central role in strengthening the advancement program, specifically improving relationships with alumni and increasing philanthropic support to the institution," MSU Spokesperson Emily Guerrant said in the press release.

Prior to being vice president of University Advancement, Groves was the associate vice president and campaign director for University Development at the University of Michigan and vice president for development at the Minnesota Medical Foundation at the University of Minnesota.

Groves will be staying until November to "help with transitions" and a replacement for him will be announced at a later date.

Share and discuss “Vice President of University Advancement Bob Groves announces resignation” on social media.