Board of Trustees to hold meeting to consider Bill Beekman's appointment to athletic director

<p>William "Bill" Beekman sits with MSU trustees at a Board of Trustees meeting on Jan. 26 at the Hannah Administration Building. Beekman was appointed as acting president following the resignation of Lou Anna K. Simon.</p>

William "Bill" Beekman sits with MSU trustees at a Board of Trustees meeting on Jan. 26 at the Hannah Administration Building. Beekman was appointed as acting president following the resignation of Lou Anna K. Simon.

The MSU Board of Trustees will hold a meeting outside of their regular schedule in order to "consider the appointment of Bill Beekman as athletic director" Tuesday, according to a university press release sent out Monday.

About an hour after a press conference officially announcing Beekman's appointment as MSU's permanent athletic director was held, a press release was sent out announcing that the Board of Trustees will hold a meeting on Tuesday to consider that appointment.

According to the press release, the meeting will be held at 9 a.m. Tuesday in room 426 of the Hannah Administration Building.

The release also notes that attendees will not be permitted to take signs into the meeting. 

Stay with The State News for updates on this story.

Share and discuss “Board of Trustees to hold meeting to consider Bill Beekman's appointment to athletic director” on social media.