Wharton Center brings Broadway to Bogue Street

The front of the Wharton Center is pictured on June 13, 2018.
The front of the Wharton Center is pictured on June 13, 2018. —
Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

MSU students can work and play with a wide variety of performances coming to the Wharton Center for Performing Arts during the upcoming semesters.

Broadway in New York City is over 600 miles from East Lansing, usually out of reach of the average college student. Tickets, hotels, and souvenirs all add up quickly and sometimes buying groceries is more necessary. For MSU students, access to Broadway-style shows is made possible at the Wharton Center.

With its on-campus location and discounted student tickets, one doesn't need go all the way to Broadway to see a performance. Having a student ID allows students to purchase tickets to most performing arts shows for $19 and most Broadway shows for $29. The Wharton Center is near the MSU College of Law and IM East. 

The 2018-19 season at the Wharton Center is packed with Broadway shows and series.  Performances range from theater to dance to comedy to family shows for kids. Check out these upcoming shows during the summer and fall semesters at the Wharton Center.

screen-shot-2018-06-29-at-10-31-22-am

Editor's note: This story ran in the June 14 edition of The State News summer magazine. The dates of Wharton Center shows appear incorrectly in that story. This story has been updated with the correct dates of performances. 

Share and discuss “Wharton Center brings Broadway to Bogue Street” on social media.