Two MSU trustees motion to terminate Engler at board meeting, motion fails

<p>Board member Brian Mosallam listens to a student after the town hall meeting on Feb. 1, 2018 at Kellogg Center. &nbsp;The town hall brought together students, staff and members of the MSU community to discuss the current climate of the campus. &nbsp;</p>

Board member Brian Mosallam listens to a student after the town hall meeting on Feb. 1, 2018 at Kellogg Center.  The town hall brought together students, staff and members of the MSU community to discuss the current climate of the campus.  

Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

A motion to terminate John Engler as interim president of MSU failed at Friday's Board of Trustees meeting.

Trustee Brian Mosallam asked the board to move to terminate Engler as an addition to the day's agenda. The motion was voted down 6-2 by members of the board. 

Mosallam and Trustee Diane Byrum, who have in recent days called for Engler to step down from his position, voted in favor of the motion. Trustees Brian Breslin, Joel Ferguson, Dan Kelly, Melanie Foster, Mitch Lyons and George Perles voted against it. 

Stay with The State News for further coverage of Friday's board meeting. 

Share and discuss “Two MSU trustees motion to terminate Engler at board meeting, motion fails” on social media.