2018 MSU Football schedule released

<p>Quarterback Brian Lewerke (14) walks onto the field before the game against Ohio State, on Nov. 11, 2017, at Ohio Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeyes, 48-3.</p>

Quarterback Brian Lewerke (14) walks onto the field before the game against Ohio State, on Nov. 11, 2017, at Ohio Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeyes, 48-3.

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

The dates and times of multiple MSU football games have been released by the Big Ten Conference and their broadcast associates, according to a tweet from the official MSU Football Twitter account.

MSU will kick off their season with a 7 p.m. game against Utah State on Aug. 31. That game will be televised on the Big Ten Network. 

For MSU's Homecoming weekend, the Spartans will host Northwestern at noon on Oct. 6. The Spartans look to even the score following the 39-31 upset victory the Wildcats had last season.

The following week will see the Spartans hit the road for another in conference game against Penn State on Oct. 13. The time for that game will be either 3:30 p.m. or 4 p.m.

Notable match-ups, including MSU's annual rivalry games against Ohio State and the University of Michigan, were included in the Twitter announcement. 

On Oct. 20, MSU will play at home against their in-state rival, the Wolverines. That game will be televised on FOX or FS1, with the time for it to be determined. 

Two weeks after that, MSU will host the Buckeyes on Oct. 10. 

MSU will close out regular season play with a conference game against Rutgers on Nov. 10.

Share and discuss “2018 MSU Football schedule released” on social media.