Miles Bridges named to AP All-American second-team

<p>Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) dunks the ball during the first round of the NCAA tournament against Bucknell on March 16, 2018 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. The Spartans defeated the Bison 82-78.</p>

Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) dunks the ball during the first round of the NCAA tournament against Bucknell on March 16, 2018 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. The Spartans defeated the Bison 82-78.

Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

Miles Bridges earned second-team Associated Press All-American honors Tuesday afternoon, making him a consensus All-American.

The sophomore wing also earned second-team All-American honors from USA Today, The Sporting News, The U.S. Basketball Writers Association and the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

The Flint native, who also earned first-team All-Big Ten honors, led the Spartans in scoring with 17.1 points per game, was second in rebounding with seven rebounds per game, and had 2.7 assists per game and shot 45.7 percent from the floor.

Bridges is also one of 10 semifinalists for the Naismith Trophy, awarded to the best men's college basketball player of the year, and the Julius Erving Award, given to the best small forward in the nation.

MSU's season ended in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in a 55-53 loss to Syracuse at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.

Share and discuss “Miles Bridges named to AP All-American second-team” on social media.