FINAL: Volleyball sweeps Missouri State in first round of NCAA tournament

Senior outside hitter Holly Tolliver (18) serves a ball during the game against Indiana on November 18, 2017, at Jenison Fieldhouse. The Spartans defeated the Hoosiers, 3-0.
Senior outside hitter Holly Tolliver (18) serves a ball during the game against Indiana on November 18, 2017, at Jenison Fieldhouse. The Spartans defeated the Hoosiers, 3-0. —
Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

Volleyball is off to a good start in the NCAA tournament, as they swept the Missouri Valley Conference champion Missouri State Bears in the first round Friday night, 3-0.

The Spartans won the first set 25-19, and dominated in the second set, 25-11, the finished out the match by winning 25-15 in the third

Middle Alyssa Garvelink led the way for MSU, killing 52.9 percent of her attacks, along with seven blocks. Outside hitter Brooke Kranda also killed 30.8 percent of her attacks, while setter Rachel Minarick had 35 assists, eight digs and five blocks. The Spartans as a whole killed 34.3 percent of their attacks on the night.

Cathy George’s squad will play the winner of the Creighton-Coastal Carolina game in the second round tomorrow night at 7 p.m. on FoxSportsGo.

Share and discuss “FINAL: Volleyball sweeps Missouri State in first round of NCAA tournament” on social media.