Jimmy Hague named Big Ten Goaltender of the Year

Red shirt junior goalkeeper Jimmy Hague (1) helps junior midfielder Robbie Cort (13) to his feet during the game against Indiana on Oct. 29, 2017, at DeMartin Stadium. The Spartans and the Hoosiers tied 1-1 in double overtime.
Red shirt junior goalkeeper Jimmy Hague (1) helps junior midfielder Robbie Cort (13) to his feet during the game against Indiana on Oct. 29, 2017, at DeMartin Stadium. The Spartans and the Hoosiers tied 1-1 in double overtime. —
Photo by Anntaninna Biondo | The State News

The Big Ten announced its men's soccer postseason awards Friday morning, with six Spartans raking in awards.

Goalkeeper Jimmy Hague became the first Spartan to earn Big Ten Goalkeeper of the Year by only allowing nine goals in 16 games, with 10 of those games being shutouts. Hague also finished second in the Big Ten in save percentage with a .833 save percentage.

Hague was also one of three Spartans to be named to first-team All-Big Ten, with midfielder Ken Krolicki and defenseman Jimmy Fiscus also earning first-team honors, with Fiscus being a unanimous selection after being the only position player to play over 1,500 minutes this season. 

All three were named to second-team All-Big Ten last year and makes this the eighteenth straight year the men's soccer program has had at least one player named to first-team All-Big Ten.

Forwards Ryan Sierakowski and DeJuan Jones were named to second-team All-Big Ten, with both players leading the Spartans in scoring with Sierakowski having 17 points (seven goals and three assists) and Jones having 16 points (six goals and four assists). Sierakowski also tied for third in the Big Ten in goals, while Jones tied for fifth.

Defenseman Brad Centala also earned one of nine Big Ten Sportsmanship Award's, which is given to athletes who have good academics, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.

The No. 8 Spartans will start their Big Ten tournament play this Sunday at 1 p.m. against the 7-9-1 Ohio State Buckeyes at DeMartin Stadium.

Share and discuss “Jimmy Hague named Big Ten Goaltender of the Year” on social media.